Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2016

5 Ways To Ace Your Next Test


5 ways to ace your next test


Tests! Tests! Tests! Oh how I hate tests! I swear I've never had a week without a test. In my first week of school this year, I already had a test! I'm not the type of person who doesn't have to study or do anything to ace a test! I have to do a list of things each time before I take a test, so here are my 5 Ways To Ace Your Next Test.

1. Take Notes
Taking notes in class is crucial for me,to pass a test! I'm not a visual learner, so taking notes help me learn and memorize everything we learn in class (if you are a visual learner, watch videos on YouTube about the information you are learning in class.) I usually write all my notes in bullet points, but I recommend writing it however it will help you remember what you are learning.

2. Study
Studying probably one of the most obvious ways to ace your next text. To study I usually go over the textbook (if I have one) and my notes I wrote in class. As I reread my notes I like to underline and circle in my notes with a colored pen. I will usually underline vocab words and circle the main ideas. Doing all of this with a colored pen helps me memorize the material and point out the main ideas I have to know.

3. Don't Procrastinate
You can't procrastinate studying for a test! If you know on Monday that you have a test on Friday, start studying Monday. It's is better to study small amounts over the week then cramming it all in on Thursday.

4. Sleep
For me 8 hours of sleep is needed before a day of the test. If I don't get enough sleep I will be so tired for the test, and will not be able to perform to my true ability. Usually I study till I feel tired the day before a test. If I study while I'm tired, I usually don't remember what I studied the next day. Your best bet is to study early then go to bed early. 

5. Breakfast
Breakfast is so crucial the day of your test. It will give you all the energy you need during. On the day of the test, I usually eat eggs with toast or cereal with yogurt. Either of these meals will give you the energy you need to pass your test.


Thanks for reading! What do you do to ace your test?




4 comments:

  1. Great tips, definitley going to try and use them for my next test!
    www.jacobblackwell.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I'm glad that the day of test is behind me, though I do miss student life. I wish you the best and thanks for the tips, these are also applicable to big presentations I have at work!

    Characters & Carry-ons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky! No more tests! I didn't think about presentations, but you are right, these will help!

      Delete