Pages

Monday, August 8, 2016

A Quick Guide to South Haven, MI



Last weekend I went to South Haven, MI. I've been there a couple times for cross country meets, but I've never walked around town. South Haven has this really cool beachy vibe to it that I love! If you are ever in Michigan I would definitely recommend going to South Haven.



What To Do

Beach & Lighthouse

One of the best things to do in South Haven is go to the beach! They have seven public beaches or access cites for you to choose from. South Haven's lighthouse is located on the South Beach. It's a great place to watch the sunset after a day at the beach!

Bike

In South Haven there is a 34-mile bike trail called the Kal-Haven Trail. It connects Kalamazoo and South Haven together. On the bike trail you pass rivers, farms, and woods. It's an easy trail that anyone can do!

Boat Tour

Since South Haven is right on Lake Michigan, there are plenty of boat tours that take you out on the lake. It's a great way to learn about the city while having a lot of fun!





Where to Eat

There are so many places to eat in South Haven. For lunch we decided to eat at Brix Corner Oven. Right when you walk you see the bright colors and what looks like a gas station! The restaurant was actually a gas station before being converted over! We decided to eat outside because it was such a nice day. Brix Corner Oven is known for their wood-fired flatbread pizza. I had the barbeque pizza and kale salad which were both so good! I would definitely recommend Brix Corner Oven if you are ever in town.   

Where to Shop

If you are looking for a place to shop I would definitely recommend heading down to Phoenix Street. The whole street is lined with cute beach stores that I could shop in for hours! 




1 comment:

  1. This looks beautiful! I totally want to go here-love all the lighthouses!-Katelyn
    www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete